Saturday, January 1, 2011

Catching Up!

It's really hard to believe I haven't posted here since September!  Time really has passed quickly over the past few months.  It was late September when I really began working on finding a location for our local Christmas Bureau.  Once a location was secured, it was move in time, then we took applications for more than 2000 families, and then the distribution brought us up to Christmas Eve.  It was a hectic time and my blog had to take a backseat behind work and school. 

But, not all was work and no play for me - thank goodness!  I was able to spend time making mini albums for friends of mine.  Here's one of them that I made for a good friend that scrapbooks a lot!  I hope she enjoys adding photos of her family to it over the next few weeks. 

The idea for the album is a variation on one that Laura Denison did during one of her ustream classes.  I changed the binding and the direction of the album pages, but the design of the pages is all hers.  I also did different embellishments and other changes that you can see if you compare hers to mine. 


3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, I am sure your friend loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to Blogland, Gloria - I was wondering where you were! this album is absolutely gorgeous - love the colours and all the little pockets for the tags. Laura Denison's designs are lovely, aren't they. It was her design that inspired me to do my poinsettia explosion box recently.

    I love your blog background - makes me feel as if spring is only just round the corner! Can't come soon enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again, Gloria! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I am keeping my Hotmail account active for my ARTHaven/CIF friends, so if you send me your email address I'll put you in, so we can continue to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by the Lil Cabin in the Woods. I'd love to hear any comments you would like to share about your visit here.