Friday, August 27, 2010

Blog Award!

My friend, Celeste from Touched by a Butterfly and fellow moderator at Creative Inspirations honored me by giving my blog an award.  I am truly humbled to be included in the list of greats that she gave the award to.  As part of the award, I am to let folks know why I started a blog in the first place, and why I continue to blog. 


I started my blog in January of this year as a way of sharing svg files.  The first file I created was a Gerber daisy and so many people from the Scalhints yahoogroup wanted it that I got behind on emailing it out to them.  The only way to get it to everyone that asked, was to create a blog and put the file there.  My hubby also had built me a cabin to study (I'm in school) and to spend time with my crafty side so the blog became a way to share my cabin with the rest of the world.

I continue to blog so that I can continue to share any svg files I create so that others can also enjoy them.  I don't make them as often as others do because I have too many other hats that I wear in my life.  I keep thinking I'm gonna lay some of those other hats down, but they are still there.  I also blog because when I find a site that I want to follow, the blog keeps up with all of them so I can visit often.

Now for ten trendy bloggers that I visit often and who also inspire me with their lives and creations - and who display their talent, time, and creations on their blog:

1.  Wendy at Wendy's Crafting Times
2.  Rita Loyd at Rita's Country Creations
3.  Tammy Jennings at OBX Stamping and Crafting
4.  Brandi Crimminger at Creative Happenings
5.  Wanda at Wanda's Crafts
6.  Becca at Amazing Paper Grace
7.  Laura at Cricut Card-iologist
8.  Christy Hund at Creations by Christie
9.  The ladies at Stampin Sisters in Christ
10.  Stephanie at Digital Designs by Stephanie

Thanks again to Celeste -- You really made my day!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Gloria!!! I love to know people actually look at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am so honored!!
    Your Crafty Friend,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gloria,
    pleased to meet you :-) I came across your fab blog and love what you make, thank you for sharing your templates with all of us!
    You've got yourself a new follower :-)
    Have a great day, greetings from the Netherlands, ~Ira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks Gloria..you make me feel special..I am honored.So glad we have become friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by the Lil Cabin in the Woods. I'd love to hear any comments you would like to share about your visit here.